Why Proliability Coverage is the Right Choice *
Proliability is proud to offer you comprehensive coverage with competitive premiums – we don’t believe you should have to skimp on coverage to make it affordable for you. Our Nurse Practitioners’ Professional Liability Insurance offers the following:
- Inclusive Insurance: Coverage available for employed or self-employed Nurse Practitioners. Coverage available to members and non-members of a professional association.
- Occurrence Insurance: The preferred policy form for Nurse Practitioners (Learn the difference between occurrence and claims-made insurance)
- Your Own Defense: Your own attorney to protect your best interests in a lawsuit
- Lost Wage Reimbursement: Reimbursement for lost wages due to various activities, including trial attendance, that may be required of you in your defense
- Court Costs Coverage: Payment of certain expenses incurred in your defense, in addition to the limits of liability
- Licensing Issues Reimbursement: Coverage for representation in response to licensing board actions, even if a malpractice suit isn’t filed
- Benefits for association members: Eligible for special discounts for members of the following nursing associations: AANP, AACN, ANA/SNA, AORN, AWHONN, Lamaze International, NANN, NLN, PN, STTI, VCNP
difference between occurrence-based and claims-made insurances
Claims-made coverage: Coverage trigger is based on when the actual claim is made against you and reported by you to the Insurer.
Occurrence coverage: Coverage trigger is based on when the occurrence took place rather than when the claim is made.
Here's an example to help you differentiate the coverage:
Let's say Nurse Practitioner Sam had a policy he purchased in 2010 and he treated a patient in 2011, but then he switched jobs in 2012, so his original employers’ policy was no longer in force. In 2013, the patient sues him for the treatment that occurred in 2011.
If this were an occurrence policy, Sam would be covered because the situation that brought the claim "occurred" while he was insured.
If this were a claims-made policy, Sam might not be covered because the claim was made after he terminated coverage. Coverage would depend on whether or not he continued to maintain coverage elsewhere or purchased an extended reporting period endorsement.]
Liberty International Underwriters is the marketing name for the broker-distributed specialty lines business operations of Liberty Mutual Insurance.
*This is only a summary of insurance policy provisions offered in the program. Certain coverage benefits described herein may not be available in your state at the time of policy issuance, or may be available, but with differing terms and conditions. If any conflict exists between the benefits described herein and those contained in any actual policy issued, the terms and conditions of the issued policy prevail. Coverage is only bound upon underwriting acceptance. Applying and paying for coverage is not a guarantee of acceptance into the program.